[PROJ] PROJ 6RC2

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 23 04:14:55 PST 2019

On 2/23/19 11:28 AM, Kristian Evers wrote:
> I would appreciate a report back from the package maintainers if they are
> happy to see the release candidates promoted to final releases. Thanks.

Other than a minor typo in the projinfo manpage, RC2 looks good.

The proj package will remain in the Debian experimental repository for a
while, because of the freeze in preparation for the buster stable
release. So no new transitions will happen until after the release.

Several reverse dependencies will break due to the removal of
projects.h, that's why the header was manually installed in libproj-dev
package until now.

I haven't rebuilt any reverse dependencies with PROJ 6.0.0 yet, as we
can't transition to it in the near future anyway. But once that is done
we should have an overview which package need to be patched to use
proj_api.h or proj.h. Several of these packages aren't actively
developed any more, so those patches will need to be contributed by
someone experienced with the new APIs.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--