[PROJ] Getting "proj" and "datum" for a CRS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue May 7 02:37:53 PDT 2019

> > I'd note that adding a new member to PJ_PROJ_INFO will change the ABI in a
> > incompatible manner. Will/would require a libtool 'current' bump
>
> So is this a -1 on this change? I'm conscious the deadline is closing
> for 6.1....

I'm indifferent. Was mostly to bring that to the attention of Kristian.

> At the moment I'm wondering if I'll need to just resort to a regex to
> get this property (argh!)

In an ideal world, QGIS should avoid messing directly with PROJ strings (I
guess this is for some backward compatibility reason regarding QGIS API).
Especially regarding extracting elements from them. Treating the whole string
as an opaque string might be acceptable, although not the most precise
representation compared to using WKT or directly the EPSG:XXXX representation
when available (I know I repeat myself on this, but this is for the education
of the crowds :-))