[PROJ] Definition of EPSG:4164

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun May 12 19:42:51 PDT 2019

> So should we always be calling proj_crs_create_bound_crs_to_WGS84 (if
> I'm trying to get a proj string which matches the official
> definition)? When would we *not* want to use this method?

Not sure if there's really an "official" definition, but if you want to
approach past behaviour as much as possible, yes, you should use it. There
should not be any disavantage with using it.
Note however that you will not always get the same results as before. See one
of my recent exchange with Sandro Furieri about EPSG:3003