[PROJ] [PROJ 6.1.0] Tests failed on vertical grid shift for France mainland onshore

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat May 18 11:18:24 PDT 2019

Hi Didier,

I assume that you have run the tests with the RAF09.gtx file present and not
the RAF18.gtx one ?
If so the failure is expected. 'make check' will run fine with just the
default proj-datumgrid is installed, but the presence of other grids might
cause changes in results. If the new grid RAF18.gtx from proj-datumgrid-
europe-1.3 is present, you'll get also a slightly different result. Nothing to
worry about.

> RAF18.gtx is related to France mainland onshore while RAF09.gtx is related
> to French Antilla.

Hum, not according to the EPSG dataset... Both are registered against
EPSG:1326 area of use 'France - mainland onshore'. Maybe you are confusing
RAF09.gtx (the former version of RAF18.gtx) with RGAF09 which is indeed for
French Antilla.

> -- Remove supression entry of EPSG:8371 ("RGF93 to NGF IGN69 height (2)",
> using RAF09.mnt) by -- EPSG:8885 ("RGF93 to NGF IGN69 height (3)", using
> RAF18.tac), since -- we have only RAF09.mnt in proj-datumgrid-europe
> -- Our code to remove superseded operations should probably take into
> account grid availability DELETE FROM "supersession" WHERE
> superseded_table_name = 'grid_transformation' AND superseded_auth_name =
> 'EPSG' AND superseded_code = '8371' AND
>                                  replacement_table_name =
> 'grid_transformation' AND replacement_auth_name = 'EPSG' AND
> replacement_code = '8885' AND
>                                  source = 'EPSG';

The above entry dates back indeed to PROJ 6.0 / proj-datumgrid-europe-1.2 when
there was only the RAF09.gtx grid available, and not RAF18. The removal of
this deprecation entry doesn't hurt by itself, although it is no longer be
necessary. So I've just removed it in master.