[PROJ] proj4.org -> proj.org migration

Kristian Evers kristianevers at gmail.com
Thu May 30 08:27:28 PDT 2019

This is fantastic news! Thank you guys for working on this. Definitely a +1 from me. Although I don’t think an RFC is needed - this is in line with the rebranding to PROJ that’s been ongoing for a couple of years already.

I agree that a redirect from proj4.org <http://proj4.org/> is necessary. This would also be a good occasion to rename the GitHub repository from proj.4 to PROJ. According to [0] any old links will be redirected to the new URL of the repository.

/Kristian

[0] https://help.github.com/en/articles/renaming-a-repository <https://help.github.com/en/articles/renaming-a-repository>