[PROJ] Grid CDN Update and Crowdfunding Request

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Nov 12 12:38:26 PST 2019

All,

Even has written a crowdfunding page on the CDN and grid files topic at https://www.spatialys.com/en/crowdfunding/ <https://www.spatialys.com/en/crowdfunding/> that I had discussed this earlier at https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj/2019-September/008858.html <https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj/2019-September/008858.html> and its subsequent email thread. The page also provides a detailed proposal (though not in final RFC form) that outlines the technical development activities to achieve the effort. Sponsors have pledged half of the resources to complete this topic, but we still need more resources to bring it over the finish line (or starting line, depending on your perspective). If your organization is interested in helping, please contact me or Even directly.

Howard