[PROJ] OSGeo incubation status

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Sep 9 14:26:13 PDT 2019

On lundi 9 septembre 2019 21:20:36 CEST Even Rouault wrote:
> > For other files, "git log" on them and finding the original committer
> > should be good enough.
>
> "git log --follow" to be more exact due to renaming/moving around.

OK, I did the exercice of completing Kristian's initiated source file listing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bdu73lw8I1iFX4cb7CIUF6yqWGDTcZKBfW0cUsEjCXk/edit#gid=0
Would be worth being double checked of course.

I've followed an "optimistic" principle, that is to say that we don't have issues
unless strong suspicion of the contrary: PROJ has always been released with
Copyright (c) 2000, Frank Warmerdam as the general license, so I think it is the
reasonable to consider this as the base to use for contributions
unless they state explicitly something else.
The general rules I followed in the case there's no explicit header with copyright & license are:
- files coming from initial commit by Frank in 1999 and present in PROJ 4.3 are copyright Frank
- files without explicit header and coming from SVN or git era are copyright their author
  when it can be recovered from the commit message, or otherwise the committer (Frank most of the times)
I've indicated those 2	situations in the remarks column.

There are a few lines underlined in yellow that might require follow up actions.