[PROJ] PROJ logo proposal

Nicolas B. piklas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 07:09:11 PDT 2019

Hi list,

Following a discussion with Kristian in late 2018 , i am glad to finally
share a few logotypes for your consideration. I fully agree that PROJ needs
a logo and that would be the perfect touch for upcoming incubation :)

https://nbozon.github.io/OSGeo/proj/PROJ_logo_proposal.pdf

This is a draft proposal at this stage, and i would be glad to work further
on one particular logo that you may like, using the community feedbacks.

Please note:

- These are only logotypes. Logotexts can also be created, or the 'PROJ'
word may be added to any of these (this involves we may select a particular
open font).

- These are simple SVG shapes provided in black color for now
   (Colors can of course be proposed later on, if you like one of these)

- This work is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0 at this stage, but i am happy to
create new version using a more permissive license if needed.

- I have more SVG drafts based on the 'P' letter, as well as additional
ideas using axis and coords elements, but i unfortunately can't shared them
for now.

- I am sharing this document as PDF for the sake of simplicity, but i am
happy to provide the source SVG at a later stage, along different formats
so we could easily reuse it on website and OSGeo marketing material.

This is only a simple proposal and i hope you will like it.
I am looking for your feedbacks, and will be glad to use one of these in
order to create the perfect logo, with colors and text.

Best regards,

Nick