[PROJ] PROJ grid files CDN

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Fri Sep 13 11:52:57 PDT 2019

Le 13/09/2019 à 20:38, Greg Troxel a écrit :

> With this input, and this conversion string, I ran proj, and I
> (silently) got different results.

The fact that since version 6, PROJ now has the capability to describe
the operation that it performs (thanks to WKT 2), may change the
perspective. This description includes whether the operation uses grid
files or other methods, together with accuracy information. There is an
education to do with the users, for encouraging them to look at this WKT
string when they have doubts about what is going on. Is a grid file
used? Is axis order the expected one? Is the transformation time-depend?
Do I'm inside the operation domain of validity? I think it should almost
become a reflex to ask users "What is your coordinate operation WKT"
when an issue is suspected. In GeoTools, it was hugely helpful.

    Martin