[PROJ] NOAA VDatum Tidal Grids and PROJ CDN

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Dec 15 15:47:20 PST 2020

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

> Opinions of other PROJ stakeholders welcome on how to handle such dataset.

For background, I have been cranky about "CDN only" approaches and
wanting the data downloadable to make packages that can be used offline,
partly on general principles and partly from an experience building lots
of software to be used on computers with no internet connectivity.

However, in this case, this is such a vast amount of data that I concur
with Even that it does not belong in the repo and proj-data distributed
files.

Agreed that it would be best if NOAA made it available and it was then
referenced into the proj CDN, if there are no funding issues -- I have
no idea how that service gets paid for.

Greg (packager and user)