[PROJ] Adding new projection to Proj4

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Feb 16 04:41:33 PST 2020

Hi Alessandro,

A new projection can be added into the EPSG registry by filing a change
request at: http://www.epsg.org/EPSGDataset/Makechangerequest.aspx

I have went through that process several times now, to add a new
projection into EPSG, that is then automatically leveraged by software
projects, such as PROJ.  Of course it takes time, first for the EPSG
committee to review your request, and then also for the new projection
to propagate to all software projects.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna