[PROJ] PROJ 7.0.0RC1

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Tue Feb 18 03:15:51 PST 2020

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 21:11:38 +0000, Kristian Evers wrote:
> All,
>
> We are closing in on the release date for PROJ 7.0.0 which means that
> it is time for a new round of release candidates.
>
> -------------- <snip> -------------------------
>
> Please make sure to test the release candidates where ever you depend
> on PROJ and report back your findings.

Hi Kristian,

anything works nicely on SpatiaLite (both on Linux and Windows/MinGW)
and the testcoverage doesn't evidentiate any regression.

I've just a practically negligible issue to report: now
PROJ depends on libcurl, and at least on Windows/MinGW
-DCURL_STATICLIB must be explicitly defined when configuring
libproj before building in order to get an usable static
library (due to name mangling issues of link symbols).
but it's just a small annoyance, not a serious trouble.

bye Sandro