[PROJ] OSGEO4W proj build missing grid info

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Feb 18 04:56:28 PST 2020

Hi Nyall,

> On the recent osgeo4w proj-dev builds (7.0) I no longer get any the
> usual results from proj_grid_get_info_from_database. The package name,
> url, and other metadata properties are always empty.

package name should now always been empty, but not url.

> The same code works fine when built against proj master on linux, and
> was working on osgeo4w until recently. Any ideas what may have
> changed/caused this?

The only thing that I can think of that could be loosely related would be
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/commit/29583196dfae2565a35c7a8759cc8a5640d6a2b1
that could affect how proj.db is located (there is some small Windows changes
that the commit message probably doesn't reflect correctly), and possibly make
that your PROJ uses an older proj.db that the intended one, if you don't have
PROJ_LIB set. This commit was merged last Sunday.