[PROJ] Some questions about UK CRS

Peter Gagliardi peter at cesium.com
Thu Feb 27 08:28:45 PST 2020

Hi everyone,

I have a separate question about some CRS in the UK that a client wanted us
to support.

1. For EPSG:7405 OSGB36, it looks like it tries to open
`OSTN15_OSGM15_GB.txt` and fails. From
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-government/tools-support/os-net/for-developers,
the developer pack includes a `OSTN15_OSGM15_DataFile.txt`, is this
related, or are they two different files for two different purposes?

2. I see that EPSG:7952 and EPSG:7953 are not listed in the database. From
the developer pack, it looks like this isn't a projection, but rather a
horizontal shift + a vertical shift. Our client provided .gsb and
.gtx files for us to use, but now... how do I specify both horizontal and
vertical shift at once? I tried using the following:

cs2cs +proj=pipeline +step +proj=hgridshift +grids=OSTN15_NTv2.gsb
+step +proj=vgridshift +grids=OSGM15.gtx +to
EPSG:4979

However, I get the error:
proj_create_operations: source_crs is not a CRS
Rel. 6.3.1, February 10th, 2020