[PROJ] test failure with 6.3.0 geodtest

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Jan 5 12:29:04 PST 2020

> This seems to be two planimeter test cases only, and as I read the test
> code, the rest of the planimeter cases are ok, as are all the rest of
> the many test.
>
> The system gets a clean pass from the floating-point test paranoia.
>

> I assume this test passes on Linux/amd64.  I am curious what other
> platforms it has been run on, and results.

CI also tests FreeBSD 11, MSVC 2015 & 2017 and MacOSX, and all are successful
on the whole test suite.
I see that geodesic.c has seen non trivial changes between 6.2.1 and 6.3.0,
one of them being that we rely on C99 for PROJ builds. Is your setup (compiler
+ libc) of netBSD 8 C99 compliant?
You might try building with -DHAVE_C99_MATH=0 to check that.