[PROJ] RFC4: last chance to comment before motion

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jan 6 16:25:31 PST 2020

> yes -- that looks handy! The only thing I'm unsure about is whether
> we'd also need a call to determine in advance IF a download is
> required (so that we can alert the user and then trigger the full
> download in a background thread)

Yes, I was pretty sure we'd need something like that

int proj_is_download_needed(
	PJ_CONTEXT* ctx,
	const char* url_or_filename,
	int ignore_ttl_setting)

> Wouldn't this be an issue with the on-demand grid downloads too?

I don't think so. All grid chunks are stored in a single SQLite database, with
appropriate exclusive locking (which works as we are on local storage...), so
we are safe w.r.t such filesystem issue.