[PROJ] Switch to proj-datumgrid-geotiff for PROJ 7 ?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:00:11 PST 2020

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 03:48, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> RFC4 is not about making exiting usages second-class. It is about making new
> usages easier/possible.
> Requiring grids of "best" transformation to be available when using the black
> box/high level API proj_create_crs_to_crs() (like in cs2cs) is really another
> topic to the one I'd want to address in this thread :-) and a rather
> controversial one. PROJ offers the API for making people aware of what is
> missing and could be used, as used by QGIS 3.10

Yes -- we use this heavily, and I can attest that it all works VERY
nicely! See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/30559#issuecomment-509039902
for a screenshot.
https://www.icsm.gov.au/sites/default/files/North%20Road%20Handling%20GDA2020%20within%20Geospatial%20Software%20Development.pdf
goes into more depth about how to implement this choice from a client
application.

Nyall