[PROJ] proj manual, versioning, download location

Mike Taves mwtoews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:23:01 PST 2020

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 12:58, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
> Just a few observations:
>
> The html target of docs/Makefile has a final step doing
>
> @cp -r ../schemas $(BUILDDIR)/html/schemas
>
> so as to have
> https://proj.org/schemas/v0.1/projjson.schema.json
> https://proj.org/schemas/v0.2/projjson.schema.json
>
> I don't see files at:
>
> https://proj-tmp.readthedocs.io/en/latest/schemas/v0.1/projjson.schema.json
> or
> https://proj-tmp.readthedocs.io/schemas/v0.1/projjson.schema.json
>
> And similarly for the nasty hack just above in the Makefile removing the
> namespace occurences you can see in
> https://proj-tmp.readthedocs.io/en/latest/development/reference/cpp/
> cpp_general.html
> but not in
> https://proj.org/development/reference/cpp/cpp_general.html
>
> Are those post-Sphinx customization/hack steps doable ?

Even,

I see the html Makefile target has a few steps, and I'll admit that
I've only done the first step to run the doxygen.sh script. Near the
top of conf.py I've added a simple:

os.system('cd .. && make .doxygen_up_to_date && cd source')

RTD does not use the Makefile, it directly runs sphinx-build on the
conf.py file. I'll have to see if there is a way to add a hook for to
add post-Sphinx logic near the end of processing.

As for controlling domain names like schemas/v0.1 (without en/latest),
I'm not sure how customizable this is, or if you can mix parts of one
domain with another.