[PROJ] Bump CMake version for PROJ 7.0

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jan 31 07:25:37 PST 2020

On vendredi 31 janvier 2020 09:15:06 CET Howard Butler wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 2020, at 3:01 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
> > wrote:>
> > On vendredi 31 janvier 2020 08:00:18 CET Kristian Evers wrote:
> >> I think a bump to 3.9 is a good idea. Per RFC3 we need the PSC to approve
> >> this,
> >
> > so let's have a motion on the subject.
> >
> >> I'll start with my +1
> >
> > +1
>
> +1
>
> I wonder if we could increase the minimum CMake requirement significantly
> further due to the fact that PROJ supports both CMake and autoconf for now.
> Do the packagers have an opinion on the topic?

Mike mentioned in his inital message
"""
Based on the default versions of CMake [1], I can see that CMake 3.9
is installed on most development systems, including Travis CI, so this
would be an ideal minimum.
"""

but looking now at [1]
https://cliutils.gitlab.io/modern-cmake/chapters/intro/installing.html#cmake-default-versions

it seems to have been updated very recently to mention 3.12.4 and looking at
actual Travis logs at
https://api.travis-ci.com/v3/job/281868129/log.txt

I can see that 3.12.4 is indeed installed

So from a pure CI point of view, that could be the version we target.

If there are backports PPA for Xenial with more recent cmake, that would also
be fine to go further.