[PROJ] Update in EPSG db

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 29 11:33:06 PDT 2020

Javier,

> How is the EPSG database updated?

Normally there's a scripts/build_db.py script that operates on the PostgreSQL dump
from EPSG and would run with none/little changes in it, or elsewhere in the PROJ
codebase when we remained in the EPSG v9 series.
But with EPSG v10, this won't work. There are many changes in the structure of the
upstream EPSG database that will impact the structure of proj.db itself, the import
script, and also code in PROJ to deal with new concepts that are introduced in the
EPSG db like DatumEnsemble that will impact not only WKT import/export, but also
algorithms in the transformation computations. This will be a non-trivial effort. I'd
estimate it to about 2 weeks of work.