[PROJ] Matching EPSG:3005

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:04:25 PDT 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 07:10, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> On jeudi 7 mai 2020 06:23:37 CEST Nyall Dawson wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 05:46, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>
> > > Do not hesitate to give the full context for your question. I suspect this
>
> > > is related to https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/36216 and Oracle WKT.
>
> > Correct! I'm mid way through a reply to that (but I'm blaming Oracle
>
> > here, not proj!)
>

> Would I be mean if I'd point that they opted for not being part of the team supporting the GDAL barn effort :-) ?

Thanks for the explanations!

Given the above, I've closed off the issue with this resolution:

"So the fix here would be:

Speak to your oracle rep and request that they fix the incorrect
authority definition in mdsys.cs_srs
Pressure your oracle sales rep to get Oracle to fund improvements in
the proj library to handle Oracle's "special" variants of WKT"

(Because I'm with you, and have 0 motivation to spend any effort
supporting such a fundamentally shitty database)

Nyall