[PROJ] The state of PROJ C++ 2020

Søren Holm sgh at sgh.dk
Thu May 7 09:31:16 PDT 2020

Thank you for the answers Martin and Howard.

I realy like that the precision of proj has increase comparing to earlier proj
versions. Also the readyness for future evolution is great. I did not question
any of that.

I do however not understand why the precision and future evolution readiness -
which are features in inself - is brough into a purely language oriented
question. I'm quite sure that using C or C++ without the stuff that makes it
slow can be just as precise as anything else.

I clearly I do not compile PROJ all the time, but that kind of standpoint
leads to ever increasing compiletimes for developers and users.

Lastly I just want to say that I did not write these email to start a
discussion. It was a mere combination of:

"Hey, thing thing is takes 10 times longer to compile, Why is that?"

      and

"If my software projects compile time increased 10 fold I would see it as a
bug."

--
Søren Holm