[PROJ] EPSG v10 update status

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:14:57 PDT 2020

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 at 01:36, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> Here's the extensive list of what is considered in EPSG as a dynamic datum:
>

> $ sqlite3 data/proj.db "select 'EPSG:' || code || ', ' || name from geodetic_datum where frame_reference_epoch is not null order by name"

snip

> EPSG:1166, World Geodetic System 1984 (Transit)

Is there any proj c api which can be used to determine whether or not
a particular datum is dynamic? (i.e. to obtain this list without
direct database querying).

> for dynamic datum & CRS (like "WGS 84 (Gxxxx)", "ITRFxxxx"), ingest the
> frame reference epoch from the database and emit it in WKT. No/little
> backward compatibility issue foreseen.

My interpretation of your PRs is that the answer is no, but just to
confirm: does proj now have the capability to ingest coordinate
metadata from a WKT string? If so, is there any api in proj yet to
retrieve the coordinate epoch from this metadata for a dynamic datum
CRS?

Nyall