[PROJ] PROJ 7.2.0RC1 and PROJ-data 1.3RC1

Kristian Evers kristianevers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 05:59:16 PDT 2020

Bas,

Here’s an annotated version of me following the steps in your link:

1. Start with version information of ‘0:0:0’ for each libtool library.

  Well, we start with 20.0.1

2. Update the version information only immediately before a public release of your software. More frequent updates are unnecessary, and only guarantee that the current interface number gets larger faster.

  Did this.

3. If the library source code has changed at all since the last update, then increment revision (‘c:r:a’ becomes ‘c:r+1:a’).

  The code has changed since the last update, so now we’re at 20.1.1

4. If any interfaces have been added, removed, or changed since the last update, increment current, and set revision to 0.

  We’ve added new interfaces since the last version, so 21.0.1

5. If any interfaces have been added since the last public release, then increment age.

  As stated above, new interfaces were added, so 21.0.2

6. If any interfaces have been removed or changed since the last public release, then set age to 0.

  No removed or changed interfaces this time around.

I know I’ve mucked these numbers up several times before but this time around I am not convinced
it is the case. I am of course happy to be proven otherwise!

/Kristian