[PROJ] Ellipsoidal height VCRS in WKT/EPSG

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Tue Sep 1 03:46:33 PDT 2020

Hi

Does exist any EPSG or WKT for a Vertical CRS that means "ellipsoidal
height"?

To define a 3D CRS I just make a compound CRS with a horizontal and a
vertical one.
I could just remove any VCRS for ellipsoidal heights. However I cannot make
the difference if the user actively selected "ellipsoidal height" for VCRS,
or just forgot (or don't know) it.

I don't want to "promoteTo3D" the 2D CRS  adding the third axis, because it
removes the authority.

Thanks.
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.