[PROJ] possible to auto detect possible projections from lat/lon coord

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 2 02:52:18 PDT 2020

Ryan,

> Is it possible to do a spatial query of the proj db for a list of
> projections that overlay a passed lat/lon? I have a lot of polygons in
> wgs84, and being able to automatically detect and project to a
> local/national crs would be great to improve area estimates etc.
> Any tips would be greatly appreciated,

You can do that with
proj_get_crs_info_list_from_database()
(see https://proj.org/development/reference/functions.html),
by setting the bbox_valid, west_lon_degree, south_lat_degree, east_lon_degree
and north_lat_degree members of the provided PROJ_CRS_LIST_PARAMETERS parameter (see
https://proj.org/development/reference/datatypes.html#_CPPv424PROJ_CRS_LIST_PARAMETERS )