[PROJ] Matrix Library in proj?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 23 04:57:36 PDT 2020

Karoline,

Have you considered using the processing you describe to derive a grid or a triangulation that
would approximate the result your original method gives, within some accuracy you'll
determine ?

Triangulation-based transformations are an ongoing work, that should be available soon in
PROJ master.

The details are discussed here:
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/blob/master/docs/source/community/rfc/rfc-6.rst

The implementation considered for inclusion is available at:
https://github.com/rouault/PROJ/tree/tinshift

To answer more specificaly your question about matrix operations, the GDAL library has code
in
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/alg/gdallinearsystem.cpp#L58
to solve a linear problem A . X  = B using LU decomposition

Even