[PROJ] How to do Helmert transformation with +exact option in QGIS?

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Tue Feb 9 10:56:33 PST 2021

Jochem,

There is no +towgs84 equivalent of +exact. One of the many reasons to not use the old style syntax. Unfortunately that doesn’t solve your problem with QGIS. Unfortunately the QGIS custom CRS is still based on the PROJ.4 way of thinking (as far as I know, it’s been a while since I last tried it). If it is super important to you, you may be able to hack the proj.db that QGIS opens and add your own custom CRS and transformations. Not sure I would recommend that though :-)

Unfortunately I can’t answer your WKT question. Perhaps you can investigate how the WKT of other CRS that require the +exact flag is implemented?

Best,
Kristian