[PROJ] Motion: adopt RFC 7

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:54:40 PDT 2021

+1

I've was a happy user of the CMake config for Proj when I was doing a lot
of work with it a couple of years ago.

To echo the comment on bazel:

I have my own local bazel based build of Proj.  I don't see a reason for
the Proj project to need to do anything to support those of use who build
with bazel.  The cc_library rule is pretty much just "glob" calls
expressing where the srcs, hdrs, and textual_hders are to be found.  I
think bazel is not a good choice for the main Proj repo.