[PROJ] Implementation of NADCON5 transformations for USA

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Dec 15 19:02:07 PST 2022

Hi,

I just wanted to point to https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/3510 which
implements the NADCON5 transformations, with a corresponding pull
request to PROJ-data to add  the grids as GeoTIFF files, for USA
geodetic datums NAD27 --> NAD83(86) --> NAD83(HARN) --> NAD83(FBN) -->
NAD83(NSRS2007) --> NAD83(2011). We can now reproduce exactly the
results of NGS tools, such as NCAT and their online REST API.

This means that the transformations within the NAD83 family which used
to be mostly null transformations (except NAD83(86)->NAD83(HARN) where
we currently use the HPGN grids) are no longer null. This might change
results in your workflows once this is merged, but this is hopefully for
the good...