[PROJ] Ellipsoidal version of the gnomonic projection

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Dec 28 13:43:26 PST 2022

I'm favorable to this improvement. This isn't the first time we add an
ellipsoidal formulation to a projection method that had only a spherical
one (last time was for orthographic). As I mentioned in the PR, it would
be great if we know how to deal with CRS definitions under the Esri
authority that use gnomonic to hopefully be consistent with what they
do, at least on CRS under their authority, as Esri has several flavors
of gnomonic. Hopefully we'll get some input from Esri people. I'll try
to reach with them.

Even