[PROJ] grid shift with GDA2020

Pierre Chaponniere pierrechapo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 00:19:43 PDT 2022

Thanks for the reply Greg, I'll elaborate a little on where I start from.

Initially, data is in WGS84 (EPSG 4326), we use PROJ API to transform
coordinates from WGS84 to a user selected transformation, in my case EPSG
7854
My problem is that GDA2020 is expressed from GDA94 using the above
mentioned transformation files.
I'll therefore need to 'jump' from WGS84 to GDA94 and from GDA94 to GDA2020
in one step, most probably using a pipeline - not sure how though...and if
possible...a sort of two-transform in one go.

And in more general terms I was questioning how PROJ is doing the link
between CRS codes and grid shift transformation files - where can I find
this information ?

Offsets that I observe from the data comparing ground truth points (in EPSG
7854) and my data (supposedly in EPSG 7854 but I doubt as I don't think it
is considering the transformation grid) are in the order of 80m to the NNE
from where it is supposed to be.

Thanks for your help !
Best regards,
Pierre C