[PROJ] 'proj -V' fails (proj 7.1.0)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Oct 3 10:11:36 PDT 2022

Hi Tom,

My brain constantly gets stuck on this also, every once in a while,
because I'd expect 'proj --version', or something similar, to work (to
verify that my installation is working and returning the correct
version).  The PROJ utilities act a little different in that sense, and
instead you must just call the utility without any parameters, to get
the version:

# proj <ENTER>
Rel. 8.2.1, January 1st, 2022

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training