[PROJ] alterCSLinearUnit for BoundCRS

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Thu Sep 15 08:56:38 PDT 2022

Hi

I am considering to make a PR that implements alterCSLinearUnit for
BoundCRS (as far as I understand, it is not covered). My question is: is it
enough to apply alterCSLinearUnit to the baseCRS, leaving the hubCRS and
transformation the same? I would say so, but I do not know if there is any
side effect I am missing.

The use case I am thinking about: having a bound 2D (projected) system in
something that is not meters (let's say foot). Then if I do promoteTo3D,
the vertical will be meters, and I want to change the units to the same as
the horizontal ones. It works fine for projected, but not yet for bound.

Thanks.
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.