[PROJ] Motion: Migrate proj.org to ReadTheDocs

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sat Feb 4 06:49:55 PST 2023

I'm not PSC so I know I don't get to vote, but:

I am unclear on if this means we are relying on non-Free software, vs
something osgeo could host entirely with Free software and is just going
to pay for service.  If it involves non-Free software I am -1.

I am -1 on any ads appearing, even for a brief time, on anything pointed
to officially (vs a staging/proof-of-concept server).  Ads are one
thing, but presumably these are targeted ads that are privacy invasive.
I am guessing this is in the US and hence no rules but it strikes me as
bad practice for osgeo to operate/condone anything that isn't also GDPR
compliant.  Same thing for google analytics (or anything that leads to
data being captured by a company that engages in invasive advertising).