[PROJ] Motion: Nomination of Alan Snow to PROJ PSC

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 08:13:27 PST 2023

Welcome Alan!

I meant to reply on twitter long ago about how proj is used at Google, so
here are some of the things at the level I can mention starting with
pyproj.  Alan, Thanks for all your work on pyproj!

* Use of pyproj includes work on weather, flooding, wildfires, global
warming/environmental protection, earthquakes, RF spectrum, agriculture
(random order)
* Through gdal, it's Earth Engine for image import and export, Maps and
Earth satellite imagery
* There is also use of proj via R, goland, PostGIS (the public facing cloud
PostGIS offering)
* For straight proj, it's not much.