[PROJ] Auxiliary latitudes, rhumb lines

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 05:34:19 PDT 2023

Charles,

I did an implementation of your work on auxiliary latitudes for use in
Rust Geodesy (https://crates.io/crates/geodesy).

I found your work exceptionally clearly written and very easy to
transform into code.

My implementation is primarily in these four files:

https://github.com/busstoptaktik/geodesy/blob/main/src/ellipsoid/latitudes.rs
https://github.com/busstoptaktik/geodesy/blob/main/src/ellipsoid/constants.rs
https://github.com/busstoptaktik/geodesy/blob/main/src/math/mod.rs
https://github.com/busstoptaktik/geodesy/blob/main/src/inner_op/latitude.rs

The first 3 comprise the implementation per se, while the fourth is an
implementation of a generic coordinate operator (think proj=latitude...),

The manual for the operator is at
https://github.com/busstoptaktik/geodesy/blob/main/ruminations/002-rumination.md#operator-latitude

Rust Geodesy is, if anyone should be interested, a tiny
transformation system, intended as a platform for
architectural and conceptual experiments,
potentially as inspiration for future developments of PROJ.

/Thomas