[PROJ] CI problems with xz

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 1 09:09:59 PDT 2024

Le 01/04/2024 à 12:05, Javier Jimenez Shaw via PROJ a écrit :
> Thanks Markus
>
> that topic is trend in mastodon now. Complicated not to read about it.
>
> Not only the latest versions are disabled: the whole repo
> https://github.com/tukaani-project/xz/ O_O
> I find strange that it complains about a different hash, when it
> cannot download the file at all.
> And it only fails on windows! Are we using a different library in Linux?

We only use vcpkg for Windows CI builds to get our dependencies
(libtiff, sqlite3)

Strange that the CI job still tried to picked up 5.6.0, as this has been
reverted to 5.4.4 per https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/pull/37841
(perhaps the vcpkg version it pulls hasn't been synced with latest state
of the vcpkg repo). But even reverted, the vcpkg liblzma port still
refers to the tukaani-projects/xz repo that has been taken down. This
has been reported in https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/issues/37893 .
Let's hope they resolve this soon by switching to a (safe) mirror.