[PROJ] Geo TIFF non-ASCII encodings

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 5 05:39:54 PDT 2024

Le 05/04/2024 à 13:46, Javier Jimenez Shaw a écrit :
> Latin1 in wkt name? What I remember was a reduced set of ascii chars.

cf https://docs.ogc.org/is/18-010r7/18-010r7.html

<crs name> ::= <quoted Latin text>  (paragraph 8.1  )

and https://docs.ogc.org/is/18-010r7/18-010r7.html#15

but you're right calling this Latin1 is a bit misleading. Th only
non-ASCII character allowed in this "quoted Latin text" rule, as far as
I can see, is the degree symbol.