[PROJ] Make push and pop FIFO?

Lesparre, Jochem Jochem.Lesparre at kadaster.nl
Tue Feb 6 04:44:27 PST 2024

Hi Even,

This new implementation uses a single stack instead of 4? So, the following pipeline would alter the ellipsoidal height and swap the original lon,lat? That is quite confusing for users that are used to the old push and pop.

+step +proj=stack +push=1,2 /
+step +proj=cart /
+step +proj=helmert +rx=1 +ry=2 +rz=3 /
+step +proj=cart +inv /
+step +proj=stack +pop=1,2

I am also wondering if the single stack could give new problems. How to access the stack values after the first two? This theoretical (but not unthinkable) case would still be impossible:

* input lon1 lat1 h1
* push lon1 lat1 h1
* helmert transformation to lon2 lat2 h2
* push lon2 lat2 h2
* pop lon1 lat1 h1
* helmert transformation to lon3 lat3 h3
* pop lon2 lat2
* output lon2 lat2 h3

Jochem

Disclaimer:
De inhoud van deze e-mail is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
Gebruik, openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden is niet toegestaan.
Op al onze producten en diensten zijn onze algemene leveringsvoorwaarden van toepassing
[https://www.kadaster.nl/algemene-leveringsvoorwaarden].

Disclaimer:
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Our general terms and conditions of delivery apply to all our products and services
[https://www.kadaster.com/general-terms-and-conditions].