[PROJ] + prefix in pipeline entries

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Thu Feb 8 01:43:58 PST 2024

Hi

I wanted to know if I can combine a pipeline where some entries do have a
"+" prefix and other doesn't (yes, it is ugly, I know it)
I found the method "pj_shrink" that, among other things, removes "+"
preceded by a space. So I deduce that the answer was "yes".

That rises the question (actually the question was there before, but today
I found pj_shrink): why the "+" before every entry? Is it just to make it
clearer and easier in the command line, not needing quotes for the entire
expression? Is there anything else I do not see?

I prefer (visually) the expression with "+"s. Somehow I find it nicer ;)
But I have seen that old expressions don't have it, and I am curious to
know the reason to change it.

Thanks