[PROJ] Bump CMake to 3.14+

Mike Taves mwtoews at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 12:32:19 PST 2024

On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 at 06:41, Erixen Cruz via PROJ <proj at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Thank you for your opinions so far. Any other further discussion on bumping CMake minimum version to 3.16? RFC3 requires PSC approval, and Javier has given a +1. Would anyone else like to +1/-1 on CMake 3.16?
> I intend to incorporate the version bump into my open PR.

(non PCS) +1 to move to CMake 3.16. That CMake version is packaged for
most modern linux OSes [1], and has many new features to embrace [2].

As for adding it to an existing PR, I'm indifferent. I could do this
in a separate PR this week if that's preferred.

[1] https://pkgs.org/search/?q=cmake
[2] https://cliutils.gitlab.io/modern-cmake/chapters/intro/newcmake.html