[Proj4j] Roll Call!

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Fri Jan 13 11:40:27 EST 2012

That's why we're subscribed to the list. ;-)

We also mirror a copy of the library in our own corporate vendor
repository just in case of emergencies.

I just thought of one thing that would be nice.  If the project was
updated to use Maven, that'd be fantastic.  We could always just grab
the latest build from the Maven central repository.
http://maven.apache.org/

Tim

On 13/01/2012 12:12 PM, Martin Davis wrote:
> Wow, a real live commercial application!  We'll try not to break
> anything on you (much)...  8^)
>
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Timothy Astle
> <timothy.astle at caris.com <mailto:timothy.astle at caris.com>> wrote:
>
>     Comments below inline.  Many thanks for the library!
>

>     On 12/01/2012 5:49 PM, Martin Davis wrote:
>>     >From the recent traffic on this list, it appears that at least a
>>     few people are finding Proj4J useful.  It would be great to find
>>     out a bit more about who's using it and in what kinds applications.
>>
>>     If you can, please post a note to the list with any or all of:
>>
>>     - the application or software in which Proj4J is being used
>     We're using it as part of the CARIS Spatial Fusion Enterprise
>     Server.  (http://www.caris.com/products/sfe/SFE-Server)
>
>>     - the kinds of coordinate systems being used
>     We have customers in Europe, North America, Asia so all of the CRS
>     related to those regions are the ones we would expect our users to
>     make use of, including common Geodetic CRSes as well.  This is how
>     Fitz discovered the issue about EPSG:28992.  :)
>
>>     - if there are any further features which would be useful
>     None that I can think of right now.  We'll use the ticket system
>     if we can think of any.

Timothy Astle, BCS
Web Development Manager

*CARIS* <http://www.caris.com>
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com <http://www.caris.com>

*Join us for CARIS 2012 --- Exploration and Discovery*
June 25--28, 2012, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Visit www.caris.com/caris2012 <http://www.caris.com/caris2012> for
details today

*Connect with CARIS*
Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/CARIS_GIS> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3217878> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/CARIS-The-Marine-GIS-Experts/123907500987669?v=app_4949752878>
| YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/CARISGIS>

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview <http://www.caris.com/easyview>

intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use,
disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding
contract will result from this email until such time as a written
document is signed on behalf of the company.