[Projects] Wiki edit rights issue

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat May 8 15:30:42 PDT 2021

After the change in Wiki to change to LDAP authentication, a number of
people are having issues editing pages.

This is because they are not being removed from certain groups that
designated for users in process of merging.
We are working on fixing that moving forward.  In the meantime, those with
this issue can do one of the following:

Just put a note on this ticket with your name -
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2599

Alternatively if you have a wiki admin/bureaucrat readily handy who has
already been successfully merged, you can ask them to fix your account.

To Administrators/Bureaucrats (thanks to all who have already stepped in)

There are generally two causes.  I'm going to tell you how to fix the more
general and easier to fix case.

Go to user rights page - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:UserRights  and
look up the person in question:

If you see the following groups checked on their account, uncheck them and
save:

-------------------------
wiki account
 account in progress of converting
-------------------------

Then save and that should fix the issue.

The harder to fix problem are when people are under two or more equivalent
names but different in casing or _

Case in point was Astrid emde  vs. Astrid_emde vs astrid_emde

Those ones the account may look okay but I have to go into the back to see
it's duplicated.  Just put those on the ticket and I'll fix.

We're hoping to have the issue resolved in next week and then we'll fix all
the accounts that are broken.  If we can't I'll put similar messages like
this on the wiki login page.

Thanks,
OSGeo Sys Admin group