[pycsw-devel] development update
tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 18:47:07 EST 2012
All: just wanted to provide a list of project updates:
- welcome back Angelos! Angelos has been sorely missed and it's great to have him back on the project
- performance improvements: _significant_ speedups as repositories increase in records . A little more work on the data model, but worth the effort
- testing: in addition to the OGC CITE tests, there is now a testing framework in trunk in the spirit of MapServer's msautotest. All commits always should pass both OGC CSW and the tester/ framework, as well as doc updates
- loads of other fixes and enhancements :
- JSON output
- unified administration utility
- SRU support
- WMS harvest support for APISO (other OWS are coming)
- ogc:Function support
- MySQL support
- geometry transformation using pyproj
- asynchronous processing
All of the above is in svn trunk and git mirror  which is always kept up to date.
- geonode integration: work has recently been done to enable pycsw as the CSW endpoint for GeoNode .
Having said this, we should think about a 1.2.0 release plan, maybe FOSS4G-NA 2012  would be a good timeline? Comments?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pycsw-devel