[pycsw-devel] RFC 8: Move to pytest testing tool

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:33:34 PDT 2016

Hi Ricardo:

On Mon, 30 May 2016, Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da wrote:

> Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 00:27:50 +0100
> From: Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da <ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com>
> To: pycsw-devel at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [pycsw-devel] RFC 8: Move to pytest testing tool
>
> Hi all
>
> I've posted RFC 8 [1] for general review and comment.
>
> The proposal still needs some finishing tweaks, which I plan to do during
> this week.
>
> I don't know if I can call for vote myself or if this is to be done by
> someone on the PSC.

http://pycsw.org/development/rfc/rfc-1.html#detailed-process articulates
that anyone can make a proposal (including an RFC). So IMHO it is fine for
you to call a vote to the PSC on the mailing list.

> Regardless, it should be ready for voting by the start
> of next week. I thought it best to put it up now, so that folks can review
> and comment early on. I'm available to respond to any comments and to
> enhance the proposal with more details, if needed.

Looks good.  Note that this is critical RFC so we should/will watch
closely once the implementation is ready for review.

IMHO pycsw's tests are what has kept the codebase so straight over time, and
this RFC will make them easier / better for everyone.  Looking forward to this!

..Tom