[pycsw-devel] 2.0.0-alpha1 release proposal

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sat May 28 13:31:52 PDT 2016

Hi all: there has been significant development in master since
1.10.0.  Given CSW3, py3k and other backwards incompatible
changes, our next release against master would be a major release
(2.0.0).  Note that Angelos is coordinating pycsw 2.0.0 with the OGC
CSW 3.0 specification release.

Having said this, there are numerous feature enhancements
in master which would be worth putting out an alpha release against.

What do folks think about releasing 2.0.0-alpha1?  This allows us
to cut a release and push to PyPI (we'll need to ensure it's not the
default install)?  This will let us test features / etc. in deployments
requiring a formal release while being in alpha state so we can push
new features if / when needed for the time being.

Thoughts?

..Tom