[pygeoapi] MOTION: Renaming 'master' branch to 'main' in all pygeoapi repositories

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 06:33:18 PDT 2021

Hi PSC:

At our Gitter meeting on 2021-06-11 [1], there was discussion on renaming
our default branch from 'master' to 'main' (thanks to Jeff McKenna for
bringing
this topic to the meeting).  Numerous projects have made similar updates
(example
in [2]), and GitHub has made the transition relatively seamless as well [3].

In the pygeoapi project, this impacts the following repositories:

- source code [4]
- demo [5]
- website [6]

Note that any 'master' protected branches or pull requests will get updated
accordingly.

This will also require anyone who has forked pygeoapi to update their fork.

I'm willing to make the relevant changes along with
planning/announcements/documentation
(following the great example set in [2]).

Having said this, I motion to rename the default branch from 'master' to
'main'
for the abovementioned repositories.

I will start with my +1.

..Tom