[pygeoapi] [SPAM] PSC vote: apply for OSGeo project incubation

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at isric.org
Sun Oct 3 10:24:37 PDT 2021

+1

________________________________
From: pygeoapi <pygeoapi-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Tom Kralidis <tomkralidis at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 3, 2021 6:13:32 PM
To: pygeoapi at lists.osgeo.org <pygeoapi at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [SPAM] [pygeoapi] PSC vote: apply for OSGeo project incubation

pygeoapi PSC: in 2019 the project became an OSGeo Community project. This was
the first step at moving pygeoapi into a fully fledged OSGeo project.

Some time has passed, and we can see that pygeoapi has evolved into a significant
project implementing the OGC API specifications.  The project is also OGC Compliant
and a Reference Implementation.

I think it's a good time to move pygeoapi through the OSGeo incubation process.  Becoming
an OSGeo project will give the project a stamp of approval, help with long term health and
sustainability, as well as provide the project some access to OSGeo budget.

Having said this, I'd like to propose that pygeoapi enters the OSGeo Incubation Process.

I will start with my +1.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/incubation-process/