[pygeoapi] About an example class

Francesco Martinelli francesco.martinelli at ingv.it
Sat Dec 23 06:38:02 PST 2023

@tomkralidis
About examples,
I wanted to make a simple class derived from BaseProcessor: just an "echo"
of different types of input (i.e. string, numbers, objects, array, bytes).
As the class works fine for "simple" types, I would like to extend the
possible inputs to include the whole set of inputs described in the
standard for "processes".
Would such class be of interest?
[Personally I wanted to make it as a starting point for my development.]

If positive: would it be the "examples" folder (possibly of the new project
you suggested today) appropriate for it?

I already found some issues, namely (at least) with multiple outputs where
"array type" is present,
but I am not sure if the problem is my coding (very likely) or the API.
I have no experience in "collaborative development", so I am not sure what
is the best way and best place to share my code and ask for
support/collaboration.

I also think that at some point the class could be part of test cases, as
my aim is to provide the inputs/outputs as described in the "API STANDARD"
document.
In this case I am not sure "example" is the right place.
However I never worked with "tests", and I would need some help if it would
be suggested to include the class in the testbed.

Thank you for any advice,
Francesco

--
Dott. Ing. Francesco Martinelli
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia